Challenge: Vail Resorts Management Company required a re-design of thevailcollection.com, a website dedicated to corporate- and private-owned lodging in Vail Village and Lionshead Village. Properties to be featured on the new website included: The Arrabelle at Vail Square, Ritz-Carlton Residences in Vail, The Lodge at Vail, Game Creek Chalet, Gore Creek Place Residences, Austria Haus Hotel, and The Chalets at The Lodge at Vail.
Solution: The Lumen Marketing team worked with various Vail Resorts team members (Marketing Manager, Project Manager, copywriter, web developers, and outside contractors) to design visually appealing website pages that captured the year-round essence and luxury of Vail, Colorado.
- Gathered content from multiple disparate sources. Organized and managed pages in various stages of completion.
- Leveraged existing expertise from prior client engagement with Vail, which helped to inform content for sections of the new website.
- Employed design and web best practices, including website usability, information architecture, basic design principles, and Vail Resorts branding.
- Used HTML expertise to make content edits that weren’t possible with the content management system’s drag and drop interface.
- Worked with development team to identify, report, and fix bugs.